Re-register a child born to female parents

You can apply to correct a mistake on a birth record by completing an application online or contacting the register office.

Re-register a child born to female parents

Following the marriage or civil partnership of two female parents, authorisation is required from the General Register Office to re-register the birth, to show the child as a child of marriage or civil partnership.

What you need to do

You must contact the General Register Office for the relevant forms, which must be returned to the General Register Office.

Contact the General Register Office.

What happens next

The General Register Office will contact us when your application has been authorised. We will then contact you to make an appointment for the re-registration.

quick fact

Quick Fact example

9 out of 10 councils prefer LocalGov Drupal!

Source: the internet