So, what should you do with all the extra garden waste? GetComposting of course!
You really shouldn’t look at it as waste; your garden debris has the potential to give you a free supply of top-quality compost to get your garden blooming next year, with very little effort.
Simply throw it into a compost bin and over the winter months it will rot down to produce environmentally-friendly compost that when added to the garden will suppress weeds and retain moisture throughout the dry months.
Benefits of home composting:
- It’s easy to make and easy to use.
- Produces a free continual source of the very best compost. Improves soil structure.
- Maintains moisture.
- Helps the soil PH balance. Suppresses plant disease.
- Reduces the need for polluting bonfires.
- Reduces carbon emissions.
- Helps to divert organic waste from landfill. Reduces refuse collection costs.
To encourage residents to get composting, the Council has teamed up with Getcomposting.com to offer home compost bins at special offer prices from only £7.50! There is also a buy one get one half price offer to purchase a second bin from only £3.25.